Friday, November 9, 2007

Treat em like Freddy Krueger: Don't Sleep!

So there is this guy, Gregg Gills, and he is involved in a little project called GirlTalk. Ever heard of him? Well he has just teamed up with Frank Musarra (Heart of Darkness) to form the duo known as Trey Told Em'. Trey Told 'Em's mix is as off-the-wall as you would expect from Gillis and Musarra as song samples include everything from R. Kelly to Van Halen. I was lucky enough to catch these guys on my friend Gavins XM Radio show "In-Deed" on channel 43 this past week (another shameless plug). They did a live set that totally blew me away. I was so impressed that I had to close the door to my office and put off work for the duration of the 30minute set. I only wish Gills would now drop the GirlTalk act and tour with Musarra full time. Until this happens you can catch their music at http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=162902236.
Enjoy the weekend.

No comments: