Friday, December 19, 2008

R.I.P. Duane


Try to follow my logic here. Eat a Peach : Duane Allman ::: Sublime (the self-titled 1996 album) : Bradley Nowell.

Translation time: Duane died during the recording of this album in a motorcycle accident just as Brad died during the recording of the Sublime record, albeit from heroin he was using to make his music better. Some would argue the heroin helped alot, but that's another debate for another time.

This is a classic fucking album. Some point to Live at the Fillmore East which came out just a short time before this one. However, this one has some live tracks on it, in addition to some studio staples which are now veritable classics. "Melissa" is the best known track here, but "Blue Sky" and "Ain't Wastin' Time No More" are also pretty well known if you know your way around the classic rock radio dial. I present it here because I think it's a cohesive work and one I often put on when I want to be in a good mood. Hope it cheers one of ya'll up.

To all our readers all across the globe, from Germany to D.C. to Chicago to NYC: Merry Christmas and a happy strictly bangers.

No comments: