Thursday, October 4, 2007

A Few Things

As the lone honky cat sunflower on this blog, I figured it about time for me to jump on this bandwagon. I'm at work absent my external HD so I can't upload anything till I get around to it, but I just wanted to throw shoutouts to a few songs I've been feeling particularly hard as of late...

1) Jacob Fred Jazz Odyssey - The Spark that Bled (Piano instrumental cover of a Flaming Lips song from Soft Bulletin...just beautiful, may or may not appear in Howie Show EP. 3 as a result of its awesomeness.)

2) Bright Eyes - Classic Cars (off his album that came out last year, Cassedega, which isn't totally amazing ridiculous awesome, but this song's pretty great; "the best country singers die in the back of classic cars.")

3) Old Crow Medicine Show - Tell it to Me (an ol' fashioned bluegrass honky-tonk barnstomper all about, you guessed it, cocaine!)

This blog's a good thing you guys got goin' here. Anybody got some good concerts comin' up soon they're psyched for? I'm going to the Bridge School Benefit show on 10/27 in San Fran: Neil Young, Metallica, Eddie Vedder & Flea, Tom Waits w/ the Kronos Quartet, Regina Spektor, etc...
I saw Dinosaur, JR a few weeks ago for free. That was pretty rockin. The opener was these guys, Band of Horses, who I dug. Anyone with me on Dino Jr? Talk about ol' school; those guys might even predate RUN-DMC.

4 comments:

brynna said...

VEGOOSE - Daft Punk. Need I say more? But in case that's not enough how about - Iggy and the Stooges, STS9, MIA, the Shins, Thievery Corp, Atmosphere, lupe fiasco, gogol bordello...and that's only day 1.

brynna said...

p.s. everyone loves honky cat sunflowers.

Brandon said...

So with you...I used to steal my older brother's copy of "Hand It Over" all the time - such a quality, overlooked band. How was the show? I heard they put out a new album but I haven't heard it yet...I can't imagine what they sound like in 2007

EricMLeventhal said...

Hellz Larson...hellz.

Enjoy Vegoose Brynna.

E