Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Calexico - Feast of Wire

This is an oldie but a goodie that I recently rediscovered and though you may already be familiar, if you aren't, you should be. I bought this back when it came out and lost it shortly thereafter, but remembered how fantastic it is when this band, Calexico, appeared on the I'm Not There soundtrack. There's really nothing like these guys. They've done an album with Iron & Wine as well which was impressive - they're natural partners. Mexicali with some native american, jazz and blues influences. The lead vocals are so damned sweet too, they sound like honey. Anyway, definitely worth a listen and good standby.

PS These songs are completely out of order - sorry I'm lazy

http://www.divshare.com/download/3661985-187

2 comments:

Brandon said...

Did you notice that "Corona" sounds suspiciously like the Jackass theme song?

brynna said...

Wow, now that I think of it...